top of page

Why Choose an Enrolled Agent?

At Vilensky & Company, we offer the skills and training of an enrolled agent. : CPAs and accountants can prepare taxes but enrolled agents specialize in taxes and have completed extensive training. If you're looking for effective tax planning strategies and worry-free tax preparation at tax time, an EA is your best bet.

What is an Enrolled Agent?

Enrolled agents are federally licensed tax professionals who have been licensed by the Internal Revenue Services (IRS). EAs prepare business and personal income tax returns and can represent taxpayers before the IRS in all matters. U.S tax court does allow admittance of non-attorneys if they pass their exams. I am not admitted to practice in court but have considered it.

Being an EA requires adherence to ethical standards and successfully passing a personal background check by the federal government. EAs are also required to complete 72 hours of continuing education courses every three years in order to preserve their license.

What's the Difference Between a CPA and an Enrolled Agent?

Certified Public Accountants {CPAs} and Enrolled Agents are both qualified to perform accounting tasks for small businesses but there's a big difference their training requirements when it comes to tax. The CPA exam is primarily centered on accounting and auditing rules and procedures but the test to become an EA focuses on tax law.

Tax Services You Can Trust

As an enrolled agent, Vilensky & Company offers IRS tax problem resolution , accurate tax preparation, and proactive tax planning services. To find out how we can save you money on taxes or provide help with your state or federal tax problems, call 208-935-1040 or request a free consultation online now.

bottom of page